Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why do they always do that with the money, before the end of the night?

Apparently that was on my mind last night. I have been sick for the last couple of days and have been having some very strange dreams. Some time in the middle of the night, last night I woke Shiloh up with my sleep talking:

R: Why do they always do that with the money, before the end of the night?

S: What?

R: Why do they always do that thing with the list, before the end of the night?

S: What?

R: Nevermind, forget it.

S: Are you asleep?

R: No.

S: Well then, what are you talking about?

R: I don't know, shut up, go to sleep.

I have a vague recollection of this conversation. I remember waking up, having just spoken, to Shiloh inquiring about my comment. I remember thinking that what I said made perfect sense, but as I repeated what I said, it became very difficult to put my thoughts into words and it was clear that I had been talking in my sleep. For some reason, I didn't want Shiloh to know this. I am so pleased to know that I was so polite in my half-awake state. Sorry Shi, I take back the "shut up".

2 comments:

Shana said...

Teehee. I love your new blog layout.

M said...

Ha. so funny. I love sleep-talkers. Ryan is one and it's hilarious.
I'm so glad you are finally posting again.