Tuesday, March 30, 2010

four months

Harper turned 4 months old today. For a celebration, we headed into the District to one of my new favorite shops. I have a bunch of friends who have all fallen in love with a frozen yogurt place in town -- I think this one is better. It's called Fro-Zen-Yo. I love it.

To get there we had to walk by Ford's Theatre. Here's Harper as we're passing in front of the home where President Lincoln died. I love that she is growing up in an area where there is so much history all around us.



Tourists and student groups have arrived in the District, so it took a bit of time to get our turn at the self-serve stations. We chose our flavor of frozen yogurt (macadamia nut for both of us) ... then our mix-ins:



and here are the finished products:

yum.

Harper was a little concerned that the celebration was for her, but we failed to get her some... in a few months little lady, just you wait. (I love how she is holding on to her blanket in this one)



After a while, Harper had had enough and was ready for bed, so we ate the rest of our yogurt as we walked to the car in the rain. It was a fun new version of date night for us, but we loved every minute.

As we were putting Harper to bed I remembered a picture that Shi took the first night she came home with us, and so I had him take another similar picture tonight for comparison.



She has grown so much. I'll update you with the stats on Friday (after her Drs. appointment). I really miss some aspects of the brand new stage, but the four month stage is proving to be so fun in a completely different way.

9 comments:

Erica said...

she is getting so big!! i think she looks just like shiloh. we are coming to visit in may and i just can't wait to hold her. ohhh how i miss living across the street... if we still there i would for sure call you at 11pm and beg you to go on a yogurt run with me again. ohhh those were the days!
see you SOON!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Love that she is smiling through her binki! So cute! And what is this about a self serve station? We must go!

tialovesmontana said...

She is getting to be such a big little lady! And precious as all get out. :)

Karissa Kay said...

She is getting so big! It goes by too fast, don't you think? She's so cute. And that yogurt place looks so yummy! I want some!

Jill said...

Harper is so cute! She'll be so big when we get to finally meet her. Can't wait to see you guys sometime this summer.

JJ said...

She is such a cutie! That last picture is adorable...but of course my fav is her holding the blanket :-)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

That looks so yummy! I have never even tried that place. We need to go.

And Harper is simply adorable.

Randi said...

Harper is such a little cutie! I think she looks like you Rachel :)

Lis Wing said...

It was so fun talking today! I had to get on and see pictures. Harper is so beautiful, I think she has your eyes. It was great to see what you've been up to. You all look great!