Sunday, May 2, 2010

A very WEEZER birthday

Sweetest birthday celebration.
ever.

I got completely spoiled this year. Well, last year too. But this year, Shiloh gave me something I've been wanting since I was 12 years old: tickets to a Weezer concert. Luckily, the stars aligned and Weezer was playing at UMD only one week after my birthday. On top of this - Ben Folds was the opening act! To say I was excited is a complete understatement.

If there was any downside, it would be the other attendees. The performance was part of the UMD "Art Attack" festival, so students got into the show for $5. To our surprise, we heard many people say, "Ben who?" Most days it seems like we just left college, and aren't too far removed from that generation. The fact that it felt like we were at a concert with a bunch of pre-teens made us wonder.

excitement.

excitement x 2

We had an amazing time. Ben Folds was hilarious and showed his piano skillz like mad yo. Seriously though, he is so talented. Weezer definitely did not disappoint. They played 5 songs from the Blue Album - my favorite - and almost all of their more recent hits. We danced, sang, screamed, jumped, almost fell over (several times) and loved every minute.

On the train ride home I think Shiloh got sick of me saying, "Dude, that was so fun." Thanks again Shi, this is one for the books. :)

Here are some shots from the show:


7 comments:

Outnumbered said...

So insanely jealous!!! I have wanted to go to a weezer concert for a really really really long time. And Ben Folds is just a bonus!

Shannon said...

Fun! I love Weezer. I saw them perform once with No Doubt.

KeNzIE said...

Lucky girl!!!! you guys know how to party!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Such a good concert! HOw did I not know about this? I went to Ben Folds for Valentines day last year, it was so great! But Ben Folds and Weezer? I don't know how it can get any better!!!

tialovesmontana said...

Look like it was a great day! :)

Shana said...

Fun Fun Fun. I'm happy you got to go!

Paige said...

So glad you finally got to go! Way to be an awesome hubby, Shiloh!