Sunday, September 9, 2007

Art Fair

This weekend I took a nice bike ride with my friend Jewel. She emailed me in the middle of the week, telling me about this great art fair in Old Town Alexandria that is held every year. She suggested we meet up at her house and bike over and back. It was so fun!

The bike ride was a much needed strain on my muscles. I have not been on a bicycle for a number of years, but it quickly came back to me -- as they say, "just like riding a bike."

Along with the art fair, Old Town hosts a farmer's market every Saturday. Here's some of the delicious food they had there.

After sampling most of the options, we both picked up a loaf of bread to take home to our families. Delicious.


When my family lived in Chicago, every year we would attend the 37th Street Art Fair, which brought artists from all over the country, and some from around the world. The art was always amazing. I was delighted to find out that this art fair was very similar. Here are some of my favorite pieces:

We thought this kind of looked like Adi


Along with amazing and inspiring art, there were some interesting musicians. I had heard of a sitar before, but had never seen one. This man was a little odd, but the music he could make with the sitar was impressive.


The bike ride home was also very nice, but halfway through my energy disappeared all of a sudden - right in time for 2 or 3 good sized hills. I thought I would be incredibly sore today, but I'm actually not at all. Jewel's daughter (who came along for the ride) was SO well behaved, I don't think I've ever seen a toddler put up with that much sitting all at once.

2 comments:

Shana said...

This looks great -- I love looking at art. Curt and I always check out the outdoor markets when we go on vacations, and sometimes in good ol' P-Town.

Julie said...

come on update your blog! I need updates! even though I see a couple of times a week!