Monday, October 8, 2007

Six Years

On September 29th, Shiloh and I celebrated six years of marriage in Park City. It was great to spend a weekend together - we packed a lot of fun in.

We had planned a lot of outdoor activities for the weekend, all of which were trumped by awful weather. I left 80 degrees in D.C. to a 35 degree weekend, complete with wind, sleet, snow and clouds. Luckily, Shiloh brought my winter clothes down for me to take back with me. I think I used most of the sweaters he brought. (Did I mention I am quite a wimp when it comes to the cold?)




We spent most of Saturday walking around downtown Park City. I've been skiing in P.C. before, but I've never checked out the town. The town is full of neat art galleries, featuring artists from all over the world. There are also nice clothing the jewelry shops. Shiloh found a wedding ring that he liked (his first one was stolen) and so we ordered one. We also stopped at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I got this caramel/almond/chocolate covered apple. It was delicious!



While we were walking around town, we passed by a little french restaurant called Chenez. After looking at the dinner menu, we decided it looked like a good place to spend our anniversary dinner. We were a little adventurous in our meal selection - I had quail and Shi had rabbit. The food was good, but not excellent. I think I would have liked it better had it not set me back so much $$.

After dinner we decided to get out of the cold and catch a movie. We've been waiting for The Kingdom to come out, so it was the obvious choice. We were very pleased with our selection.


My flight didn't leave on Sunday until 2:30, so we were able to hang out a bit. The weather was much nicer (at least sunnier) so we took Adi on a hike in the hills of Park City. She had a lot of energy to get out. We then made our way to Salt Lake and walked around the city for a couple of hours.

The weeked was great - probably the best anniversary so far. I can't believe we've been married for six years. The years have truly flown by. My life would not be the same without these last six years with Shiloh by my side. It's been the best choice I've made.

4 comments:

Panda said...

Happy Anniversary...wow 6 years! Ok, sometime before we all move (so we have like at least 5 years-right?) we need to hook up out here. Well, preferably where you're at...I'd love to see what's over in your direction!

Shana said...

Best decision(s) Rachel has ever made: Shiloh AND visiting Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don't like apples, but there are many other tasties in there. Now I have to come out of my laziness to update my blog. Sigh.

Unknown said...

six years! This still blows my mind! Happy Anny!

Paige said...

Happy Anniversary! Six years?!?! Wow. You're OLD! Ha...just kidding. I'm so glad you and Shiloh are together, too. Congrats on six years well-spent!