Thursday, November 8, 2007

Weekends

I never realized how much a weekend off of work does for you. As a result of a series of unfortunate events, I had to work this Saturday. ugh. I really enjoy what I do, but this much of it was too much. Saturday night my co-workers and I managed to complete our project, so that we wouldn't have to work on Sunday as well.

So what did I do Sunday? I slept. A lot.

Needless to say, it didn't feel like much of a weekend. I was doing alright on Monday and Tuesday but yesterday and today have been hard to get through. So, I plan to pack this weekend full of very weekend-ish stuff. Not quite sure what yet, but I've decided that I haven't been appreciating my weekends enough. No more weekend wasting for me.

My friend Shana will be arriving this Wednesday. She is flying from Salt Lake City to spend the weekend with me. We lived really close to eachother in elementary school and spent a great amount of time together, but since I moved away, we only get to see eachother occassionally. It will be nice to be sans-husbands so that we can do all the girly things we want! If anyone has great ideas for what we should do, please let me know.

I got some great news this weekend. A good friend of mine (who shall remain un-named until this becomes public knowledge) let me know she's pregnant! How exciting. This makes (at least) 4 or 5 friends now who will be expecting over the next 9 months. Stay tuned for newborn updates.

Shiloh is doing well, he'll be out here in 12 days (not that I'm counting) for Thanksgiving, and then for good in 6 1/2 weeks! Our (my) friends are very excited to get to know Shi through more than what I can tell them and the pictures that I have on my phone. The job hunt is going well. We're excited to figure out what the next few years will hold.

6 comments:

Shana said...

1. Go to an arcade and a dance club for your weekend activities.
2. Hooray, I'll be there in less than a week! My parents told me for the fourth or fifth time that they're going to write a list of things that I have to do in D.C. I've stopped holding my breath.
3. I'm NOT pregnant. Congratulations to your bun-in-the-oven friends.

M said...

Have a fabulous weekend - this time around! Do I know this preggo friend?

Erica said...

Okay... so lets take a weekend and go up to New York!! I really think we should go up there! No more weekend wasting, I'm in!!

Julie said...

So who is this friend? I am dying to know!

Julie said...

ps if you go out dancing i better be the first one that you call!

Melissa and Nate said...

That is so crazy that Nate's cousin Cliff is in your ward! You're going to love getting to know his wife Jessica - she's awesome. And their little girl is adorable!
So how much longer until Shiloh gets home?