Thursday, February 21, 2008

Awakening


Yesterday, one of our favorite D.C. tourist attractions left town. The sculpture "The Awakening" was sold to Milton V. Peterson for $725,000. It will be moved to a beach on the eastern shore of the Potomac, at the National Harbor. Here's the Washington Post story.

For years, this has been one of my favorite things to go see in D.C. Shiloh and I went and visited last summer... Shiloh's response was too predictable.


I'd like to say that we'll make the drive to MD to see the new home, but my guess is it probably won't happen. Anyone else sad about the move?

5 comments:

Shana said...

D.C. and Maryland are basically the same distance from my house. I am, however, happy that you took me to see this. I'm still impressed with how cool it looks.

Julie said...

I have wept openly about this since i first heard the news, It is one of my faves and its location was perfect! I am interested to see what they put on the land after it!

Unknown said...

So, are you wearing pants in that top picture? J/K!!!

The Bertagna's said...

I love that sculpture, Blake and I were really sad it left too...I actually climbed up the knee :0

Unknown said...

I didn't know it was leaving - glad we got to see it before "he" moved!