Saturday, February 23, 2008

State Track Meet

A couple of weeks ago we traveled up to Connecticut to cheer my sister, Arrin, on as she competed in the state track meet. My brother, Chris, had the day off, so he was able to come along. The meet was held at the Yale indoor track, which sounds cool, but as a spectator it was not so cool. There was not any seating available and we had to push and shove to get a space on the upper balcony to get a good view.
It was so fun to watch Arrin compete. Her knee was giving her trouble, so the high jump didn't go as well as she had hoped. However, she took home 4th in the pole vault! We were so proud. Here are some pictures from the event.





1 comment:

M said...

My brother was a state champion pole-vaulter, so naturally I thought I would be too. Not so much. It is a lot harder than it looks and your sister is amazing for taking 4th. She could probably get a scholarship for that.