Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I have arrived!

In June, I was invited to an event at the National Theatre. I went with some of my co-workers and had a great time. Trisha Yearwood, Clay Aiken and many other amazing vocalists performed. We were also treated to a poetry reading by Maya Angelou. How inspiring. We sat in the balcony and completely enjoyed the show. The theatre is amazing. It was a great evening.
Oh yeah -- the President and First Lady also attended. Here's my attempt at a photo.


Leslie Milk of The Washingtonian wrote about the event on the Capital Comment Blog. http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/people/capitalcomment/7950.html
She writes, "Washington’s political elite dressed to the nineteens ..." Not a bad group to hang out with. If you scroll down to the listing of pictures, I am featured with my friends, Taj and Cory in the 6th picture.
If you're having trouble finding it, here's a direct link to the pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8206629@N05/2542989109

2 comments:

Emily said...

You have arrived!
I'm sure I'll never make it to anything quite so snazzy as this was, but we are really looking forward to exploring DC and all the other unique attractions and historical sites within hours of Richmond. We're moving somewhere around August 20, but we will be heading to Utah the last week of August for my brother's wedding. Hope to see you soon!

Shana said...

Wow, you're a big deal.