Friday, June 13, 2008

You know it's Friday the 13th when




Today has started out all wrong. I woke up 15 minutes before I needed to be out the door. I rushed to get everything pulled together (including myself) and ran out the door to catch the train. I got to the station just as a train was pulling away, so I had to wait 5 minutes for the next one. When I got on the train, a girl that works in my building told me that there were power issues in the city (and our building). Apparently D.C. is experiencing a major power outage today. We arrived at our metro stop to find no lights in the station and lots of people. When we got to the building there were tons of people just hanging around wondering what to do. My office has no power, air conditioning and the server is down for the whole company. I wish this were a good thing... I had so much to do today!

** I just got a call letting me know that the server is working, maybe that means that power is back on **

Regardless, I'm home now, so we'll see what I can get done from here. And it's only 10:30 a.m.! I hope this is not a sign of things to come for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th! I'll try not to think about that. I hope your day gets better!

Shana said...

Spooky Friday the 13

Josey said...

Hey, no power outages in Wyoming. We have our own power plant in Kemmerer. You guys should move there.

Melissa and Nate said...

We would love to see you guys when you come to town! Of course, we will be in Seattle from July 4-8 visiting Nate's family. How long will you be in Utah - will you still be around?