Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Last

Ten years ago this month, I graduated from high school. Some days it seems much more time has passed than that, other days I feel like it was just yesterday. Either way, the fact that my youngest brother is now celebrating the end of his high school career is an odd feeling.

Today Ben - the last sibling in both my family and Shiloh's - took the long-awaited walk for his high school graduation. We are so proud of him and all he has already accomplished. We are excited to see what he chooses to do with his next 10 years.

I'm not sure that I would have guessed that I would be where I am. But I'm happy to be here. I think that's the best way for life to happen.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to make Ben's ceremony, but we thought of him a lot today. He's such a good kid & brother & uncle & friend. Here's the announcement I put together for him.

Congratulations Ben! We love you!

3 comments:

Panda said...

ohmygosh..your bro has some sort of james bond thing going on...the front photo seriously looks like some sort of print ad! i must tell kenzie to peruse your blog. ;-) great job on the announcement and congrats to rachel's little bro.

Jimmy and Katie said...

he's gotten so handsom! He looks like a model in that top pic! Can you believe how old our siblings are?

Lis Wing said...

Yeah, your brother kind of looks like a heart breaker. He could probably be in front of the camera just as easily. I checked out his photography website and he is really talented. So nice that you'll always have good family pictures. Harper is gorgeous just like mommy!