Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Grandpa Elden


After a few years of health difficulties, including a severe case of Alzheimer's, my mother's father, Elden Page, passed away last Friday. I am in Idaho with Harper this week, helping with funeral preparations and reconnecting with my mom's family.

As part of those preparations, I've been pulling together the printed program for the funeral. Everyone decided it would be nice to feature several pictures from his life on the program. As we've sifted through a lifetime of photos, we've found some really great ones - ones that most of us had never seen.


My grandparents when they were young - what a handsome couple!

This is my grandpa as I love to remember him: swinging me and my brother around until we are exhausted from laughing.

We are so grateful that he isn't suffering any longer, but we'll definitely miss him and all of the great times we had together.

1 comment:

JJ said...

R-I am so sorry, I hope you and your family are doing well! What great pictures and what a great idea to pull together memories!