Saturday, August 25, 2007

4 More Months

I have done a really poor job at keeping up this blog the last few weeks. With the new job starting, and preparing for Shiloh's departure, I haven't found myself with much extra time. So I guess this will be another "catch up" posting.

Shiloh left on Thursday, he arrived in Pocatello today around 3:00pm. Tonight he's at a Church BBQ. The trip was a little eventful, Thursday night he was forced to stop driving a little early because of flood and tornado warnings in Illinois. His last semester of school starts on Monday. We're both excited for graduation.

The job is going well. The first month or so of a job is never fun - trying to understand how you fit into the new world you've been shoved into. After a summer (3 months) off of work, my brain was a little out of shape. I frequently felt like I could not get my brain to function normally. By Friday each week my brain still feels a little fried, but I'm confident that eventually that will go away too. If you want more job details, you'll have to call or email me.

I'm living with my aunt in Falls Church, VA while Shi's gone. Its about 15 minutes further commute in the morning, but it is cheap and nice not to live alone. It's only been a few days, but I was telling Shiloh today that it seems like he's been gone at least a couple of weeks. It's going to be an interesting 4 months.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Suck-o. Curt just got a job that will take him out of town for a week at a time every week or two. Anyway, call me so you can pencil me into your schedule.

M said...

I'm so glad you are staying, but I'm sorry it's without Shiloh. Still, I'm glad your here. Call me and come over tonight! Or any other time that works for you. You can vent about your job (or praise it - either way).

Blake said...

Now that Shiloh is back this way, Monica and I will have to go visit him! So are you coming to visit ID any time soon??? Let us know.