Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Montana Trip


This weekend we took a quick trip to the town where Shiloh went to high school -- Glasgow, MT. His parents moved from Glasgow a year or two after Shi graduated, and he hadn’t been back since. Shi’s 10 year reunion was being held, it was so fun to go and meet old friends, see places that I’ve heard about and experience a little of what high school life was like for him.

Friday night there was a check-in for all of the attendees. We got to spend all evening chatting and catching up with old friends, even a few from other graduating classes showed up.

Saturday’s event was a BBQ in Fort Peck (I think), there was a pavilion with horseshoe pits and a sand volleyball court. One of the classmates busted out an accordion and played the school’s fight song. It was hilarious!


Later that day we went with some friends to the lake and ended up taking a boat around the reservoir for the remainder of the day. It was so nice and relaxing!


Shiloh had been telling me about this amazing local pizza place called Eugene’s, so that night we broke away from the festivities for a few minutes to get some great pizza. It was delicious!


Later we met up with friends again, this time at The Oasis. It is this little bar and everything is covered in red pleather! Below is a funny picture displayed in the bar.

Sunday we made our way to Shi’s old church building. We enjoyed the meeting and caught up with old friends of the family for a while afterwards. Then we rushed off to the reunion’s closing brunch. After the brunch, we drove over to the highschool to take a look around. Here are some lovely shots.

Getting home was quite an ordeal. Northwest canceled a ton of flights, our connecting flight to DC was one of them. So we were sent down to Houston and then over to a different airport in DC. Our friend, Brooke Rowe was so nice! Not only did she watch Adi for the weekend, but when I called her to tell her that we were going to be later than we thought, she offered to pick us up from the airport. (we weren't sure how to get home from the new airport) What a good friend!

We had a really great time with all of Shi’s old classmates. His graduating class was really small (around 80) and so the whole group is pretty close. Shiloh had forgotten a lot of memories from high school and the trip successfully brought them back. We are so glad we went!

An addition to my last post: I accepted a position with a large PR Firm with a big office here in D.C. This is the firm that I have been interviewing with all summer. It really makes me glad that I turned down the position with the oral surgeon’s office. I will be starting Monday, August 6th and am excited to start! Sadly, this means that I will not be returning with Shiloh to Idaho for the fall. I am a bit stressed about the thought of living alone or with roommates for the next 4 months… we’ll see how it goes. If you have any questions, let me know, I’d be happy to fill you in.

4 comments:

Melissa and Nate said...

Wow, sounds like a fun trip. It's always great to catch up with old friends. Glad you had a good time. And good luck tomorrow with your first day!

Shana said...

I want to hear how the job is going. I'm sorry you have to be without Shiloh for a few months -- that's hard. Maybe I'll come visit?

Jill said...

Congrats on your job! It really stinks living without a husband for 4 months, but at least me and Josey got to see each other every other weekend. So was Glasgow really as neat as Josey thinks it is? Unfortunately, we missed his high school reunion because something else was going on. Anyways, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos. It was a sweet walk down memory lane. Feels like we left a piece of our hearts there. I'm so glad you made it to the reunion and especially that your circuitous trip home brought you to my house :)