Monday, July 9, 2007

The Fourth

We started out this 4th of July early. At 8:30 we started "The Four on the Fourth" race in New Canaan. It is a four mile race that is run every fourth of July. (As if the name hadn't explained that already) It was a fun race and something that I think we'll make a tradition. We didn't come in first, but we weren't last either. Arrin beat us all, but Shiloh wasn't too far off.

We were told at the beginning of the race that the town fireworks had been canceled because of probable rain. We were skeptical. In the afternoon, we enjoyed a bar-b-que with some friends from town. I say "friends" but I really didn't know too many of them, New Canaan's residents have changed so much since I left. During the BBQ it sprinkled a little, but we were sure that the evening would be pretty dry.

My parents and I went to Wally World to pick up some "at home" fireworks, lots of people had the same idea, but we managed to get a few packages.


My mom made a delicious 4th of July feast and Arrin and I got bored waiting for it to get dark enough to light fireworks. My mom joined in on our photo shoot after a little while, but for some reason I didn't come out with any of her on my camera. Here's another cosmo quality pic:


Unfortunately, the weather reports were right. It poured. We didn't care though, we were doing fireworks. Arrin and Ben had a bunch of friends over, and we had a great time trying to stay wet and putting on a good show. Here are some highlights:




4 comments:

Shana said...

Arrin is taller than you? I suppose Clarissa is taller than I am, so it shouldn’t be that surprising. It’s so odd to see your little siblings being old.

Rachel said...

Haha, she wishes she was taller than me. Shiloh and I were discussing this last night. She must have been standing on her toes or on a hill in the grass. She's about a quarter inch shorter than me on level ground. too bad the picture doesn't show it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun fourth of July. We tried having some fun at Bear Lake, but Jordan got sick and was miserable the whole time. Then we were too tired to have any fireworks, but all the neighbors' fireworks kept Jarrett crying all night. :)

Panda said...

hey shiloh and rachel! sounds like a fun fourth. love the pics. (ps. how old is your sis?) we'll be moving out east after our house sells....we'll have to schedule a get-together sometime!