Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Day at Playgroup


I was invited to playgroup this week. I'd never been to playgroup before, and I've decided that the outing was great for the kids, but is also a nice reprieve for the moms. We visited the LDS Temple in Maryland and I was reminded how breathtaking it is when you come through all of the trees and the beautiful temple is there to welcome you. It was quite warm outside so we didn't stay long, but the kids seemed to like the outing.
Next we went to this great park, not far from the temple. One might actually be tempted to call it a carnival or fun park: it comes complete with a carousel and train ride. For $1.50 each we took a train ride through a very wooded area. I don't know if the kids loved it, but I had a good time taking pictures (as shown above).
By this point, playgroup was winding down. Kids were starting to get tired and hungry, so we called it a day. My neighbor (until Friday), Robin, let me ride with her and it was nice to get to know her a little bit before they leave. Her kids are adorable and very well behaved. I was quite impressed.
Overall, playgroup was fun. Maybe I'll go again next week.

4 comments:

M said...

It was fun! Definitely go again next week!

Love your blog!

Rachel said...

Oh! I almost forgot. At playgroup I met 2 fellow bloggers - Julie Brady (DC Bradys)and Megan Roe (Ethanopia). I've posted links to their sites under "Our Friend's Blogs" They have fun blogs! Thanks guys, for joining my blogging community!!

Shana said...

You should start your own playgroup for dogs.

Julie said...

Well the stars must have aligned for us to meet, I mean our dogs are family. we will have to arrange a reunion for Atticus and Scout Finch!