Thursday, July 19, 2007

Let's play catch up!

So a lot has happened since my playgroup adventure, and I really don't want to do too many additional posts, so I decided I'd give everyone a brief catch up session.

Last weekend my good friend Megan Engelhardt had a wedding reception in Connecticut. I grew up with her little sisters and I love their entire family, so when I learned that they would be gathering for the weekend, Shiloh and I had to make the trip. We went up and had a really great time. The reception was great - complete with tasty food, a chocolate fountain, cake and lots of dancing!

While we were there, my sibblings informed me that my presence on MySpace was not nearly as cool as if I had a profile on Facebook, and that I should set up a Facebook account. I decided to consider it.

Monday and Tuesday, Shiloh went to W. Virginia for a field trip :). While he was gone I got bored and got on Facebook. Apparently the children were right. There are tons of people that I haven't seen forever on there! I got back in touch with some old friends, and have really enjoyed playing around on it. Here's the link to my page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=523659185

Speaking of which, on Tuesday afternoon, one of these friends that I had lost touch with -- 12 YEARS AGO -- emailed me, letting me know that she is in DC, as well, and suggested we get together. Turns out, she works at the Pentagon, which is one metro stop from me! We got together that night. It was great to catch up.

Wednesday I met with a temp agency, so that I can do something with my summer. They let me know that they have great PR connections in DC and that they are sure they can keep me quite busy. That evening, however, I got an email from the original firm that I applied with (over a month ago) letting me know that they are trying to find a way to bring me on full time, and that they would have a final decision on Friday! Yay. As a bit of a celebration we took a stroll around DC and then went to see the Die Hard movie. I haven't ever seen one before, and I really enjoyed it. (Below are some pics from our stroll)



Not the most flattering picture, I'll admit.

Today we went to lunch with a man that works for the LDS Church office here in DC. He is an old friend of my dad's and it was really neat to get to know him and hear about his experiences here. Shiloh had a promising discussion with a bigshot at work today that gave him high hopes of a job offer in the future. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Shana said...

You know who else works for the FBI? Mulder and Scully. You know who might be making a comeback to the big screen? Mulder and Scully. Congratulations on the (two) job hook-ups. And I've also heard that MySpace is more loser-ish now, although I think it's more user-friendly. Say/bark hi to Adi for me. Did I ever tell you that my friend, Hillary, named her baby Atticus? Yeah.

M said...

So does that mean you are staying? I sure hope so! Congrats on the job.